The StepUP Program Mission Statement
The StepUP Program at Augsburg University strives to help students champion lives of recovery, achieve academic success, and thrive in a community of accountability and support.
- An innovative residential collegiate recovery community on Augsburg University’s main campus in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- The largest residential Collegiate Recovery community in the nation.
- Unique in that we address mental health as well as addiction recovery
- Built on evidence-based and proven techniques that emphasize recovery based on the stages of change and the abstinence model.
- Where students in recovery fully engage in the Augsburg experience. Students study abroad, play varsity athletics, serve on student government, conduct research, and more.
- A community of students who are excited about making a difference through service to their community.
- Led by experienced, highly trained, staff and licensed counselors.
- A place to make friends and thrive in a sober social scene.