Rosalind Franklin University Pre-Matriculation Program (PMP)
The Pre-Matriculation Program (PMP) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is a no-cost, non-degree curriculum track that provides academic enrichment for post-baccalaureate students from disadvantaged backgrounds seeking careers in health care. PMP students receive academic development and experience designed to improve competitiveness as a medical or health professions degree applicant.
- Zero tuition costs for this nine-month, non-degree program.
- PMP students participate in medical school-level coursework while preparing to take or retake the MCAT. PMP students are graded in the same way as other RFU students. A transcript is available after completion of coursework.
- Students who do well academically in PMP will be granted an interview with the Chicago Medical School or other RFU clinical program of their choice, providing all application requirements are met.
- PMP students benefit from focused faculty, staff and alumni mentors who provide academic support, skills development and a small cohort with whom they can experience professional school life and other enrichment experiences to which they might not otherwise have access.
Application deadline is 7/1/21.
Preparing for the Optometry Admission Test
SHPEP Virtual Webinar
June 28 – 5:00 p.m. EST
The Optometry Admission Test (OAT) is designed to provide optometry education programs with a means to assess program applicants’ potential for success. The OAT consists of a battery of four tests on the following: Survey of the Natural Sciences, Physics, Reading Comprehension, and Quantitative Reasoning. This presentation will cover the information that all test-takers must know, including tips on preparation
Advocating for Equitable Patient Care & Access After the COVID Emergency
Jun 29, 2021 | 12:00 PM ET
As the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency in Massachusetts comes to an end, healthcare delivery will forever be changed. Join your colleagues as legislative experts from the professions of physician assistant, nursing, occupational and physical therapy, speech-language pathology, and medicine discuss the future of healthcare and advocacy as it relates to equitable patient care and access in the Commonwealth. The interprofessional panel will discuss common legislative goals and areas of advocacy to promote quality patient care. Topics to be discussed will include:
• Common lobbying and advocacy efforts to improve and promote equitable patient access to care.
• Legislative priorities to improve patient quality of care.
• The post-COVID use of telehealth as the PHE comes to a close.
Journey to the Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant Profession (CAA)
Virtual Info Session
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 | 5:00-6:00 PM EST
The Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Master of Science in Anesthesia Program invites you to our online information session hosted by key leaders of the program. You will have the opportunity to learn about life as a student and practicing CAA, clinical rotation opportunities, and the admissions process. There is still time to meet our application deadlines for the 2022 cycle. Our Early Decision Deadline is October 1 and Regular Decision is February 1. Come prepared with all of your questions and register to learn more. We will “see” you virtually on Tuesday, June 29.
Health Inequities Exposed & Exacerbated by the COVID-19 Pandemic
June 30, 2021 | 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST | FREE
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately impacted historically disadvantaged communities due to pre-existing inequities in the healthcare system and disparities in access to technology, healthcare, and social services. This symposium will showcase diverse perspectives to provide a holistic view of the pandemic’s impact on health and the consequences of inequity that we will all be working to address well into the future.
This event is organized by three affinity groups of the American Association for the Advancement of Science Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (AAAS STPF). For more details about this symposium and its organizers, please visit our website by clicking here.
School of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions Summer Series
July 13, 2021, 2pm-4pm (CST) | Applicant Workshop
Join the Admissions team as they review and share tips about each section of the application. Topics will include experiences, awards/honors, personal statement, letters of recommendation, the secondary application, as well as Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs).
PA Program Virtual Fair
The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) invites you to register for the PA Program Virtual Fair on Tuesday, July 20 from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. ET. This is a FREE event for all students who are interested in exploring a career as a PA or are preparing to apply in CASPA. Students will be able to:
- Chat with representatives from over 80 schools, PAEA, and CASPA
- Learn insider tips on how to prepare for PA program virtual interviews
- Attend live presentations and Q&As from current students and practicing PAs
- Ask any CASPA application questions prior to the August 1 deadline
- And more!
Want to find more Public Health training opportunities across the country?
Public Health Pathways is a database of domestic and international public health training opportunities in academic, government, and community settings for every level in the education continuum – including premed and pre-health students, medical and grad students, residents, postdocs, and beyond. Visit aamc.org/phpathways for more information.
Altius MCAT Prep and Practice Tests
In 2020 our MCAT Team offered specially priced services to help pre-meds survive the impacts of the pandemic on their medical education. This spring, we feel more is still needed, so we’ve committed to provide thousands of additional pre-meds free and low-cost MCAT prep solutions.
Free MCAT Tutoring
Free Full Length MCAT Practice Exam
Free Live MCAT Seminars
$10 Practice Exam + Private Mentoring Session
1-on-1 Mentoring Programs
10 Full-Length MCAT Practice Exams
Elite MCAT Classroom Course
Premier Self-Paced MCAT Course