Crisis Support

Emergency Room and Urgent Care

Sexual Assault Crisis Support

Relationship Violence / Domestic Assault

If you are experiencing a personal crisis and need immediate counseling support:

If it is daytime Monday – Friday (8am-4:30pm) contact CCHP at 612-330-1707, and let the person answering the telephone know that you are in crisis and need to see a counselor immediately.  If it is an emergency and you are unable to reach a staff member during office hours (spring/fall semester),  call the Department of Public Safety at 612-330-1717, and they will assist you in contacting CCHP.

If it is after office hours (evenings or weekends, and summer), 24/7 support is available:

1. If you are living on campus and need immediate support, talk to your Resident Assistant, Community Leader, or Hall Director, and they will assist you in obtaining immediate services. You may also call the Department of Public Safety at 612-330-1717 for support in connecting you to the on-call Hall Director, or for support in connecting you to emergency services.

2.  If you do not feel safe, go to your local Emergency Room.  DPS will give you a ride if you are currently on campus (612-330-1717).

 U of M Medical Center Riverside Campus (has separate Behavioral Emergency Center for mental health crises; go to ER to access the BEC)   612-273-6402

Acute Psychiatric Services - 24-hour walk-in crisis psychiatric support at Hennepin County Medical Center; Emergency Medications Clinic available 7:30am – 2:00pm. 612-873-3161

3.  Phone counseling is available 24/7 at the Crisis Connection (612-379-6363), and the Acute Psychiatric Services Suicide Hotline is available at 612-873-2222.

4.  If you are concerned that you are not safe, but not sure if you need to go to the hospital for support, you can receive in-person crisis mental health counseling at home (or at a location you choose in Hennepin County) from the Hennepin County COPE Team (612-596-1223).  COPE services are only available to adults currently in Hennepin County.

Here are some other resources for support in a crisis:

National Suicide Prevention 24-Hour Hotline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

U of M Aurora Center - 24 Hour Helpline for Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence  612-626-9111

Minnesota Domestic Violence 24-Hour Hotline - 1-866-223-1111