The Center for Wellness & Counseling offers information and activities to help students identify choices, and adopt new behaviors for a healthier lifestyle:
- Health and mental health self-help web links and community resources on our web page.
- Massage chairs in CWC waiting room
- Relaxation Room in CWC (private room with a massage chair and relaxation/guided imagery CDs)
- Health Fair (held annually in the Fall)
- Small-group workshops and programs
- Student peer education group (EP!C); like us on Facebook: Augsburg’s Peer Educators(EP!C)
- Paws for Life visits in the student center at high-stress times of the semester (a chance to relax by petting a dog)
- CWC advises the Augsburg “Mindfulness for Students” club that helps students deal with stress skillfully through guided meditations, yoga, and qi gong.
Some of the topics covered throughout the year include stress management, alcohol and other drug use, sexual decision-making, nutrition, health care resources, and smoking cessation.