Augsburg University, Hamline University, Macalester College, St. Catherine University, and the University of St. Thomas provide cooperative programs and services for their respective students, faculty, and administrators.
1. Complete the ACTC Registration Form. Registration cannot be done online.
Additional Step for University of St. Thomas Business Courses:
- You need e-mail permission from UST College of Business to register for their courses, such as: ACCT, BETH, BLAW, BUSN, DSCI, ENTR, FINC, IBUS, MGMT, MKTG, OPMT, and REAL.
- Send an e-mail message to email@example.com with a subject line Attn: Course Prerequisites. In the message, explain what UST course (Dept/Course Number/Section) you wish to take and the necessary prerequisites you have already taken. The UST College of Business will respond to your message. If they approve your request, print the e-mail response and attach it to your registration form.
2. To find available ACTC courses, search the online course schedules available through the links below.
3. Print both the course schedule and description and attach both to your ACTC registration form. The Registrar’s Office cannot process your registration without this information.
4. Make sure you register during the ACTC open registration period. No instructor signature is required during this period if all prerequisites are met.
If you miss the open registration period, you must have the instructor’s signature on the registration form and will not be able to add the course until the first day of class at the ACTC school. Check the official academic calendar at each institution for registration deadlines and semester start/end dates.
Special Registration Considerations
Students may only take one ACTC course per semester unless enrolled in an ACTC major or minor (see section below).
Full-time status (included the intended ACTC course) is required to take ACTC courses.
Internship and independent study courses will require the permission of the Registrar. These options are normally not allowed through ACTC unless required by the major.
St Catherine University – only course sections that begin with “D” (traditional day courses) are eligible for ACTC registration.
Air Force ROTC at University of St. Thomas is not available for ACTC registration. Instead, please visit the non-degree registration website.
Contact the Registrar’s Office at 612-330-1036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACTC Majors & Minors
Students pursuing an ACTC major or minor are allowed to take more than one ACTC course at a time, but must have the ACTC Major/Minor Declaration on file with the Augsburg University Registrar’s Office first.
Students completing a major or minor at an ACTC institution will need to meet with a faculty advisor from that department who will agree to serve as the student’s advisor and complete an academic plan for the major or minor. If the ACTC major is the student’s sole major, Academic Advising will serve as the Augsburg faculty advisor to review Core requirements, credit minimums, and lift registration holds.
Taking an ACTC course requires organization and planning. Before you decide to register for an ACTC course, look at the rest of the courses you are planning to register for and figure out your transportation and timing to make sure your schedule is reasonable. Students should allow approximately one hour before and after the course for transportation.
Please note: The Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities have discontinued shuttle service between campuses but remain committed to helping students with transportation options.
Students taking courses at Hamline, Macalester, St. Catherine, or St. Thomas are encouraged to use Metro Transit, and can purchase the subsidized college pass at the bookstore. For transit options, review the transit map. More information can also be found at Transportation at Augsburg.
Any Augsburg student with a current Augsburg parking pass will be issued a “Cross Registered Student Parking Permit” to park on the other campuses for free. Pick up this permit at the Department of Public Safety, located in the Urness/Mortensen lobby, which is open 24/7. Bring a photo ID while requesting this permit.
For questions or assistance concerning transit, contact Alyssa Sison, Department of Public Safety.
For questions about inter-campus transit, contact Vice President of Student Affairs Ann Garvey.