Congratulations on being a TRIO/SSS Auggie! Now let’s get started.
Now that you’ve submitted your Enrollment Deposit or Deposit Waiver with Admissions and been admitted to TRIO/SSS and Summer Bridge we want to make sure you know what to do next.
Just follow these steps to complete your Summer Bridge file so that you may move in on Sunday, July 5.
Step 1: Apply for financial aid, if you haven’t already
This helps determine eligibility for all Augsburg aid, the Summer Bridge Promise and other grants, and loans!
All Summer Bridge candidates must complete and submit two FAFSAs no later than Friday, May 1, 2015. Please contact the TRIO/SSS office if you have questions about this process.
Summer Bridge candidates must complete and submit:
- 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) AND
- 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step 2: Return the following documents that were mailed home in your TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge Admission Letter:
- Confirmation of 2015 Summer Bridge Program Participation
- Summer Bridge Housing Contract and $200 Housing Deposit. This deposit is required of all students who plan to live on campus at any time. If you plan to live on campus in the fall you may have already submitted your deposit. Students not returning to campus housing in the fall should have their housing deposit (or portion thereof) returned September 2015.
- Summer Bridge Details Sheet (T-shirt size, Activity Rankings, and Special Diet Statement)
Students must return their confirmation, housing contract, and details sheet by May 22, 2015.
Step 3: Complete the First Year Registration process
Prior to SOAR (Summer Orientation and Registration) you will complete your First Year Course Request, do your placement tests in math writing and language, and sign up for a First Year Review appointment. If you have questions about the First Year Registration process, please contact our Academic Advising office at 612-330-1302 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Register for SOAR
All Summer Bridge students must register for SOAR I which takes place Friday, July 24 – Saturday, July 25, 2015*
Step 5: Keep an eye out for your “Welcome to Summer Bridge” information packet. This will have detailed information about move-in day and Summer Bridge orientation, descriptions of campus life and descriptions of your summer courses, attendance and dress polices, and most importantly, what you should (and should not) bring to Summer Bridge.
The “Welcome Packet” is usually mailed about a week or two before move-in day.