Meet Lidiya – 2018 AYTI Mentor

Hi! My name is Lidiya Ahmed, and I’m from Ethiopia. I am currently a sophomore double majoring in Space physics and Mathematics. Augsburg has given me the opportunity to learn more about vocation through multiple experiences. I couldn’t think of a place better than Augsburg to do my undergraduate degrees as I aspire to interact with people, work on community-based projects and learn about what’s outside of my research lab in order to impact people’s’ lives. I believe that scientists should serve their communities through science and service and I am glad that I get to do what I believe in as an Auggie. I will be pursuing my Ph.D. in space physics after graduation from Augsburg, and I see myself as a research scientist actively involved in community work while conducting research at national laboratories.

I’m excited to be a mentor for AYTI this year and to share with high school youth what I have learned about being a light in the world. I am hopeful that it will be a time for all of us at AYTI to be equipped in every dimension so that we can continue being change agents and light in the world!

Learn more about AYTI and this summer’s theme at http://www.augsburg.edu/ayti/