Save the dates! Watch for more information on medical school and PA info sessions with Augsburg alumni from across the country on Wednesday, March 24th and Thursday, March 25th at 6 pm.
2021 AADSAS Updates
The 2021-22 ADEA AADSAS® (ADEA Associated American Dental School Application Service) application opens on May 11 for applicants to begin creating their applications. Applicants will be able to submit their applications for consideration starting June 1. Changes for the upcoming cycle include:
- “Document” Tab in Program Materials. Dental schools might request additional documents in the application. Applicants can upload up to three additional documents.
- Letters of Evaluation. The composite letter/packet is now counted as one instead of three. Applicants can provide four total letters, regardless of the status of the composite/committee letter.
- Disadvantaged Question. The “Personal Information” section has been reordered and revised. Note: The three questions have been removed. If dental schools decide to still collect this information, they can add the questions manually to their “Program Materials” section.
University of Chicago M.S. in Biomedical Informatics Online Application Workshop
Join the University of Chicago’s Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics program on Tuesday, February 16 for an online application workshop. The session will begin at 5p.m. Central Time.
They will cover the steps to starting your application and offer tips for writing a great candidate statement and successfully obtaining your letters of recommendation. There will also be plenty of time for you to ask questions specific to your application.
Rollins School of Public Heath Classroom Sneak Peek: Intro to R
BIOS 544: INTRODUCTION TO R
Join professor Alex Edwards as he leads students on the topic of Visualizing Data. Space is limited to 10 registrants.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 17
Macalester EMT Course
This is a 7.5 week intensive course, May 19 to July 10 that teaches all the necessary skills to work as an EMT-Basic and prepares students to take the National Registry exam (NREMT). Registration will open at 8:00AM CT on February 17,
2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To ensure
you receive the registration link, email email@example.com and
ask to be on the EMT course interest list.
Tuition for ACTC Students: $1500
Rollins School of Public Heath Classroom Sneak Peek: STATISTICAL METHODS II
BIOS 501: STATISTICAL METHODS II
Join Senior Associate Professor Paul Weiss and students as they discuss the topic Linear Regression: How Methods have an Impact on Results.
THURSDAY, FEB. 18
VCU Free Virtual Health Sciences Pipeline Programs
VCU’s Division for Health Science Diversity strives to diversify the healthcare workforce through our programs and initiatives.
VCU is having an informational session about programs being virtual on February 18th, 2021 at 12 to 1pm EST on Zoom.
Register Here: http://bit.ly/VCUSummerPipelineInfoSession
Applications are open now for Regular Decision! Our programs are now VIRTUAL for 2021 so we welcome applications from all over the country!
1) Summer Academic Enrichment Program (SAEP) offers the opportunity to simulate the first year of Dentistry, Medical, Pharmacy, and Physical Therapy Schools incorporate academic courses, case studies, presentations, socials, and community service. Its six weeks of rigorous intensive work, community service, fun, and preparation for your respective application season. This program is for Rising Juniors, Juniors Seniors, and Post-Bacc students. Participants will receive a stipend of $1500.
Promotional Video Here: SAEP Video
Please go to https://dhsd.vcu.edu/programs/college/summer-academic-enrichment-program-saep/ to read more about the requirements and to apply!
2) The Allied Health Career Exploration (AHCE) is open to ALL college students and 12th Grade High School students. AHCE is a two-week exploration program that provides interactive experiences with Gerontology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nurse Anesthesia, Patient Counseling, Rehab and Mental Health Counseling, Health Administration and Radiation Sciences! 9 Careers that are part of a successful interdisciplinary team in any patient care setting. Participants will receive a stipend of $300
Please see promotional video here : AHCE Promotional Video
And click to Apply: https://dhsd.vcu.edu/programs/college/allied-health-career-exploration-ahce/
3) The PIPELINE Podcast creates a welcoming forum for listeners around the world. Episodes are hosted by The Division for Health Sciences Diversity with VCU Pipeline Alum joining as co-hosts. Alum share their experiences post Pipeline Programs, update us on their healthcare career endeavors, and participate in a jovial discussion on hot topics. Each episode we welcome a guest with an inspirational story to motivate our listeners as they continue to strive for their dreams. For authors to physicians to actors, our guests come from all walks of life. Join us on all streaming platforms in The PIPELINE.
Classroom Sneak Peek: Gangarosa Department of Environmental Health
EH 523: Neurotoxicology
Research Associate Professor Mike Caudle and students will discuss the mechanisms of action by which methamphetamine damages dopamine neurons, leading to neurobehavioral outcomes. Specific cellular pathways and components in the dopamine neuron that influence their vulnerability to Meth will be highlighted.
TUESDAY, FEB. 23
Virtual Event – Modeling a Pandemic
FEB. 25—Modeling a Pandemic. | 5:00-6:00PM EST
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
St. Kate’s Master of Public Health in Global Health: Scholarships Available
Global health is public health.
It’s an insight at the heart of St. Catherine University’s Master of Public Health (MPH) in Global Health program. St. Kate’s community of MPH students and faculty are using global perspectives to advance public health regionally, nationally and internationally.
Now more than ever, we know that public health knows no borders. At St. Catherine University, graduate public health students learn to
- Research health issues from a global perspective.
- Promote health behavior change and health equity, grounded in a deep understanding of diverse points of view.
- Implement and evaluate policies and programs aligned with local cultural contexts.
Now accepting applications for Fall 2021 — all applicants will be considered for scholarship support: https://lead-at.stkate.edu/reg…
Online Info Session Wednesday, March 10, Noon (Central)
Caregiver Job Opportunity
I am almost 40 years old with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, respiratory disease and autoimmune disease, and receive PCA services 24 hours a day. I am seeking additional fun, outgoing and responsible gals to join my team of caregivers! This is a very COVID safe job and I provide PPE for necessary purposes. I am dependent on my PCAs for anything and everything throughout the day. I work from home as a covid contact tracer, enjoy music, comedy, fashion, traveling, being outside in the summer, pizza, pasta and Starbucks. Due to covid, I am in isolation until society is safe for me to go into places. I live close to the Aveda Institute in Northeast Minneapolis. No experience is needed as personalized training is provided and it is a really great opportunity for students! $125-250 cash bonuses are available after 30-45-days of good job performance, and potentially a $500 stipend after 90-days.
Post Graduation Service Opportunity: Casa de Esperanza
Want to make a difference in the lives of young children?
Casa de Esperanza seeks applicants for the Hands of Hope Service Year Program, an ideal gap year opportunity for pre-med/pre-health students. Casa de Esperanza provides residential foster care to children ages birth through six who are in crisis due to abuse, neglect or the effects of HIV. Our application can be found at: https://www.casahope.org/appli…
Follow this link to learn more.