The Hibbing Daily Tribune wrote about Mike Fuenffinger ’15, a Hibbing native who recently won his second consecutive NCAA Division III national title while wrestling at Augsburg College. He also was named outstanding wrestler of the NCAA tournament and then was named the NCAA 2015 Division III Wrestler of the Year.
In mid-March, Augsburg College won its 12th NCAA Division III wrestling championship and took home a number of awards from the National Wrestling Coaches Association.
Head coach Jim Moulsoff was named Division III National Coach of the Year and Division III Rookie Coach of the Year. Tony Valek ’12 was named Assistant Coach of the Year, and Mike Fuenffinger ’15 won his second national title and the Outstanding Wrestler honor. Eric Hensel ’16 won Most Falls in Least Time, and Donny Longendyke ’15 earned his first national title.
Media coverage of Augsburg’s NCAA Championship win includes the following:
- The Daily News – “Moulsoff puts Augsburg back on top”
- KSTP – “Augsburg wrestling wins D-III Championship”
- NCAA video recap – “Augsburg wins the 2015 DIII Wrestling Championship”
- Star Tribune – “NCAA wrestling: St. Cloud State, Augsburg win national titles”
- White Bear Press – “Longendyke pins down national title”
- Jordan Independent – “Valek named DIII assistant wrestling coach of the year“