The Doctor of Psychology encourages qualified applicants from other countries to apply to the PsyD program. An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). International applicants may also be required to provide the following:
International Transcript Evaluations
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
Evaluations can be accepted from World Education Services, SpanTran Pathways – Augsburg University, Educational Credential Evaluators, or any NACES accredited organization. Learn more about NACES and find a list of accredited evaluators at NACES.org
CERTIFICATION OF FINANCES
In order to review your application for admission and process your Form I-20, the following documents must be received:
- Completed Augsburg Certification of Finances form
- Proof of funding as demonstrated by supporting financial documents (such as bank statements – current within three months; Government Support Letter; etc…)
- Copy of the first page your passport
Students with current F-1 status through another university in the United States: You will need to have your SEVIS record transferred from your current institution to Augsburg. The SEVIS Transfer form must be completed by you and your Designated School Official. You will need to present your Augsburg letter of admissions to the DSO when submitting your transfer request. This form may be returned to Augsburg by e-mail.