Tuition and Fees
The PsyD in Clinical Psychology program requires 98 credits (plus internship) to meet graduation requirements. The cost per credit hour is $1,162. The estimated tuition of the PsyD program is $117,362. For more information, contact Student Financial Services.
Augsburg Alumni Grant
Augsburg University graduates receive a tuition grant of $80 off per credit for the entire program.
Base Tuition: $117,362
Tuition Grant Program: -$8,080
Total Tuition: $109,282
Scholarships and AWARDS
PsyD Dean’s Scholarship – New Students Only
The purpose of the PsyD Scholarship is to encourage and reward high levels of leadership, service, and scholarship in the area of clinical psychology. The award will consist of a scholarship equivalent to 25% of the tuition for the program. Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Acceptance into the Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology program;
- Educational performance – based on undergraduate or graduate grade point average (minimum 3.25);
- Evidence of demonstrated leadership, service, or scholarship, as determined by your statement of interests and accomplishments, which will be reviewed by a faculty committee.
Once awarded, the scholarship will be credited to tuition on a pro-rata basis as the student progresses through the program, so long as the student remains in good academic standing, in compliance with the Student Conduct Code, and a full-time student.
PsyD Silver Award – New Students Only
The PsyD Silver Award seeks to promote greater inclusion of people of color and native peoples in the clinical psychology field. This non-renewable award of $5,000 will be credited towards tuition over 2 semesters as long as the student remains a full-time student in good academic standing and in compliance with the Student Conduct Code. Successful award candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Accepted into the Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology Program;
- Identify as a person of color or native person; and
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA EFC (Free Application for Federal Student Aid – Expected Family Contribution).
Applicants who have been accepted into the PsyD program who meet the scholarship and/or award criteria will be considered for the priority deadline of February 15th. Those who have been accepted after the priority deadline and those not offered a scholarship or award at the time of the priority deadline of February 15th will be considered for the final deadline of June 1st.
Tuition Reimbursement Payment Plan
If your employer provides tuition assistance, you can participate in Augsburg’s Employer Tuition Reimbursement Program, which defers your tuition bill to 60 days after the end of the semester.
Federal Student Loans
Many graduate students are eligible to receive Federal Student Loans. For information on applying for Federal Aid, visit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)