Seeing Things Whole is a Threefold model that allows individuals and organizations the opportunity to think about our lives as a set of relationships among three dimensions – Identity, Purpose, and Stewardship. Each of these dimensions consists of stakeholders in how we live our lives, our values, and take initiative.
There are natural tensions among these dimensions which at times can cause confusion and lack of balance. While the needs and concerns of the various dimensions can pull us in different directions (e.g. our desire for financial security and our desire to serve in ways that contribute to the common good), when we and organizations are at our best, these three dimensions offer us complimentary perspectives which together can allow us to see things whole.
- How intentional I am on an ongoing basis about exploring and deepening whatever living tradition of values and belief that I want to guide and sustain my life journey
- Cultivating an ongoing examination of my life with a commitment to more fully align my choices and actions with my highest aspirations about who I want to be in the world
- Discovering and living out my personal gifts and life-purpose
- The question of calling or vocation: how to best utilize my strengths and express my core values in responding to the needs of the world around me
- The kind and quality of services and products which I provide to others
- How well these same services and products serve the common good
- How I utilize my resources (strengths, finances, and other resources)
- How I impact the natural and human communities around me in acquiring and using resources
- How the use of resources is an expression of my values and calling
- How to balance my own legitimate needs and aspirations with those of others both now and in the future
- How the organization structures the quality and character of its life
- Creating an environment that reflects its core values
- Drawing those who work for the organization toward their fullest potential
- The kind and quality of products or services which the organization provides
- How well these products or services serve its “customers” and to the common good
- How the organization utilizes its resources (human, financial, and material) to sustain its viability
- How to balance the legitimate needs of each stakeholder and those of the wider community
Contact us to explore these three dimensions more deeply as an individual or with a team/organization.