Registrar FAQs

To learn more about Credit Hour and Calendar Changes effective Fall 2013 and forward, click here.

How can I see my schedule?

In Records & Registration, click on ‘Active Courses.’ This is also where you can drop or withdraw from classes, and change your grade option.

When and how do I apply for graduation?

It is recommended that you apply for graduation approximately one year before you plan to graduate. Information on applying for graduation can be found here.

How do I request a transcript or enrollment verification?

Transcripts can be requested online or with a request form. Instructions for requesting a transcript can be found here. Instructions for requesting an enrollment verification can be found here.

How do I register for an ACTC class?

Extensive information on ACTC registration can be found here. Students must be full time Day students to participate.

How do I fulfill my Augsburg Experience?

There are many ways to complete the Augsburg Experience! In fact, most students do it many times over. For study abroad opportunity, please contact the Augsburg Abroad and the Center for Global Education Offices. If you would like to discuss volunteer or internship options, contact the Strommen Center. If you would rather do research for this requirement, talk with your faculty advisor and also the URGO office.

Can I take courses at another institution and transfer them into Augsburg?

Yes, depending on the course. Please check with the Registrar’s Office before taking a course at another institution to make sure that it will transfer. If the course is for your major, you’ll also want to check with your faculty advisor. Remember, a grade of C or better is required to transfer any course back to Augsburg. A list of approved Core Curriculum and major courses from Minnesota community colleges is available here.

How many course credits can I take in one term?

Undergraduate students (both Day and WEC) must take 12 – 18 credits to be considered full-time students. You may want to check with Student Financial Services if taking less than 16 credits if you are a Day student, as it affects eligibility for some financial aid grants. Students in graduate programs should check with their program director.

Undergraduate students with a 3.0 or better GPA may take 20 credits, and students with a 3.5 or better GPA may take 22 credits – however, anything beyond 18 credits must be registered with a Registration Form. Students who do not meet the GPA requirements but want to take an overload may submit an Academic Petition to the Registrar’s Office. An overload fee is charged for all students taking more than 18 credits.

What are the implications of taking a course for a Pass/No Credit grade?

To receive a Pass (P) grade, you must receive a 2.0 or higher in the course. A grade below 2.0 will be considered a No Credit (N) grade, and will not receive course credit. P/N grades are not factored into your grade point averages.

The maximum number of elective P/N credits you may apply towards graduation requirements is 24. If you wish to graduate with Latin Honors, the maximum of elective P/N credits is 8. Some programs have courses that are only offered for P/N grading, but  these required P/N courses do not count against graduation and Latin Honors eligibility.

Can I retake courses?

You may retake a course if you have withdrawn from it (W), or if you received a No Credit grade (N), or if your grade was below a 2.0. You will not be able to register online – you will need to register with a Registration Form.

I’m a Veteran who needs help with my benefits. Where do I go?

Augsburg’s VA Certifying Official is a good starting point for military related questions. You can find further information on the Military and Veterans Support page.