Center for Learning and Accessible Student Services (CLASS)
To assist academically qualified students with disabilities to reach their individual potential, to promote their independence, and to ensure their access to the educational experience at Augsburg College.
The CLASS staff includes a Director, Disability Specialists, an Accommodations Specialist, and an Administrative Assistant, all experienced in serving students with disabilities. CLASS also employs many student workers, some of whom receive CLASS support.
Disability Specialists provide:
- Determination of appropriate accommodations
- Individual support
- Instruction in learning strategies and compensatory techniques
- Help with time management and organizational skills
- Academic advising.
- Housing assistance
Accommodations may include:
- Scanned exams
- Extended time exams
- Readers for exams
- Scribes for exams
- Notetakers in class
- Recorded or electronic textbooks
- Access to assistive technology (such as speech recognition software and screen reading software)
- Adaptive PE courses
- Sign language interpreters