Center for Learning and Accessible Student Services (CLASS)
CLASS promotes access and inclusion for students with disabilities by partnering with the campus community to provide accommodations , resources, and education.
The CLASS staff includes a Director, Disability Specialists, an Accommodations Specialist, and an Administrative Assistant, all experienced in serving students with disabilities. CLASS also employs many student workers, some of whom receive CLASS support.
Disability Specialists provide:
- Determination of appropriate accommodations
- Individual support
- Instruction in learning strategies
- Help with time management and organizational skills
- Assistance with course selection
Accommodations may include:
- Alternative testing (extended time, limited distraction)
- Assistive technology
- Alternative format textbooks and course materials
- Notetaking support
- Housing accommodations
- Classroom accommodations