CLASS promotes access and inclusion for students with disabilities by partnering with the campus community to provide accommodations, resources, and education.
The CLASS staff includes a Director, Disability Specialists, an Assistive Technology & Accommodations Specialist, and an Administrative Assistant, all experienced in serving students with disabilities. CLASS also employs many student workers, some of whom receive CLASS support.
Disability Specialists provide:
- Determination of appropriate accommodations
- Individual support
- Instruction in learning strategies
- Help with time management and organizational skills
- Assistance with course selection
Accommodations may include:
- Alternative testing (extended time, limited distraction)
- Assistive technology
- Alternative format textbooks and course materials
- Notetaking support
- Housing accommodations
- Classroom accommodations