The founder of Eurasia Group, a global political risk assessment company, spoke with MPR about the unfolding situation in Ukraine prior to his presentation at the Nobel Peace Prize Forum. Ian Bremmer described on “The Daily Circuit” the upheaval in Ukraine as “the most seismic geopolitical events since 9/11.”
MINNEAPOLIS – The 26th annual Nobel Peace Prize Forum – a conference that celebrates Nobel Peace Prize laureates, international and national leaders – continues March 7-9 in Minneapolis. The Forum, which explores issues related to business, arts, music, education, and global issues, kicked off on March 1 with His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. Continue reading “Nobel Peace Prize Forum brings world to Minnesota’s doorstep”
The Forum received a range of print, radio, and television coverage. A small fraction of the stories stories regarding the 2014 Forum — as well as Sunday’s New Year celebration — include:
- “Global risk expert to urge U.S. flexibility at Nobel conference,” by Neal St. Anthony, Star Tribune
- “Dalai Lama visits Twin Cities, presides over Tibetan New Year,” by Jean Hopfensperger, Star Tribune
- “Local Tibetans Welcome Dalai Lama to Minnesota,” by Tendar Tsering, Hill Post
- “Dalai Lama visits Minneapolis to celebrate Tibetan New Year,” Bring Me the News
- “The Dalai Lama on staying optimistic in troubled times: ‘There is no other choice,’” by Jim Walsh, MinnPost
- “Dalai Lama visits Minneapolis for NPPF and Tibetan New Year,” by Susan Elizabeth Littlefield, WCCO TV.
- “Dalai Lama celebrates Tibetan New Year in Twin Cities,” by Scott Wasserman, Fox 9 News.
- “Dalai Lama visits Minneapolis,” by Christina Cerruti, KFAI radio.
- Photo Gallery: Tibetan New Year, by Nikki Tundel, Minnesota Public Radio.