All returning students can self-register using the “Search/Register for Classes” tab in Records, Registration, and Finances. The system will block registration, and indicate why in red text, for any of the following reasons:
- You are outside of your registration window (you can view when your window opens/closes in the “Student Info” section in the “Dashboard” page in Records, Registration and Finances – general registration information is also listed on the Registrar’s website).
- You have a hold(s) on your account (here is a list of all registration holds).
- You don’t have the necessary prerequisites (this means there are some courses that require you to have already taken another course or be at a certain placement level in order to register).
- You are already registered for a course at the same time.
- You have already taken that course before (you cannot earn credit for the same course twice; if you did not pass the course or if you want to repeat the course for a better grade, you will need to submit a registration form to register).
- You are already registered for too many credits (you are able to take up to 19 credits each term, so you may need to drop a course in order to add another. If you wish to overload in credits, check in with your academic advisor to discuss if this is the right option for you).
How to register
Academic Planning Resources
- Weekly Class Planner
- Weekly Scheduler
- Semester Planner
- Long Term Paper Planner
- Long Term Google Sheet Planner
How many credits do I need to register for each semester (fall/spring)?
Augsburg Undergraduate Day students are considered “full-time” between 12-19 credits, and therefore, eligible for financial aid. Students are encouraged to check in with Student Financial Services to understand their own financial aid package requirements.
- The Minnesota State Grant requires students to register for at least 15 credits in order to receive the full amount of the grant.
- Some grants and scholarships, as well as students participating in athletics, may have credit minimums.
What’s the difference between a drop and a withdrawal?
Drop: A course is dropped from your active courses – it never appears on your transcript and is not applied to your credit total for financial aid purposes. The deadline for dropping a course is at the end of the first week of classes.
Withdrawal: A course is given a grade of W (Withdrawn) when you leave it after the add/drop deadline (and before the last day to withdraw). Withdrawals negatively impact credit completion rate, but do not negatively impact your GPA.
Visit the Academic Calendar or the “My classes” tab in Records & Registration for the drop/withdraw deadlines. If you miss any registration deadlines, you will need to petition to make any changes to your registration.
Who can I meet with to plan my registration?
First-year students are required to meet with their academic advisor for the first two terms. All other undergraduate students are required to meet with their faculty mentor. Appointments can be made through Navigate.
What do I do if a course I want to register for is full?
Students are encouraged to frequently visit the course registration check if a seat opens up, as there are no waitlists and registration is on a first come, first served basis. In addition, students may reach out to the instructor of the course, or the department chair if no instructor is listed, to ask if they can join the full class. If the instructor approves, the student can submit a registration form with the instructor’s (email or signature) approval.
What do I do if I want to take a course that Augsburg doesn’t offer?
Where can I find my final grades?
You can locate your official/final grades on the Final Grades tab of Records & Registration. Grades listed in Moodle are NOT official/final grades.
How do I request a transcript?
Visit the Registrar’s website for information on ordering an official or unofficial transcript.