All international students are required to have adequate health insurance for the duration of their academic program at Augsburg University and every day you are in the United States as an international student. Students must be enrolled in a health insurance plan for their entire stay in the U.S., including school break periods. We encourage all students to carry their health insurance card and be aware of your options if you get sick or in case of emergency.
The following minimum level of health insurance during the visa period is required:
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the exchange visitor to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
Preview this presentation about Accessing your Health Insurance in the United States and is geared towards the GeoBlue Insurance.
In order to ENROLL or RENEW (OPT OUT) of this enrollment, EACH student will need to completed the following form GeoBlue Insurance Enrollment Form.
GeoBlue Health Insurance:
Augsburg offers health insurance for F-1 international students through GeoBlue – this is a Blue Cross Blue Shield Network. The monthly cost for the 2022/2023 Academic School year is as follows:
For Participants up to age 64
Find out specific information about the plan on their online portal. If you have your own coverage of greater coverage, please consult the International Student Advisor. Learn about some of the benefits of your insurance here. Website: geobluestudents.com
We advise you to take time to read what is included in your health plan coverage. The GeoBlue Student Member Guide for 2022-2023 can be viewed here.
For questions about your medical plan or what you can use your plan for:
Toll free within the U.S. call 1.844.268.2686
Outside the U.S. call +1.610.263.2847
Global TeleMD – Healthcare at Your Fingertips
GeoBlue knows your life can be demanding. With so much to juggle, finding the healthcare you need, when you need it, should be easy. In addition to giving you convenient access to a global network of doctors and facilities, they’ve teamed up with Advance Medical, a Teladoc Health company, to bring you Global TeleMD, a new smartphone app—at no additional cost—that provides confidential access to international doctors by telephone or video call. See more information here.
Get the App and your Health Insurance Card
If you are a GeoBlue member, you can download the app or request a card in the following ways:
1. Download the “GeoBlue” App and have constant access to your card on your phone, in addition to many other member services.
2. Register or Log In as a member at www.geobluestudents.com, where you can request a card (laminated copy) that can be sent to your Augsburg mail box, or ours (CB #68), or you can print a card. You will need a certificate number – we can provide that information for you.
3. You can call GeoBlue member services and request that they send you a card.
If you have additional questions in regards to GeoBlue, please contact ISSS office at email@example.com.