Minnesota State ID Card
As an J-1 student studying at Augsburg University, you are eligible to apply for a MN State ID card. If you are a first-time applicant, you will have to:
- Bring one primary and one secondary document with you. For a complete list of primary and secondary documents, please refer to the identification requirements.
- Go to a DVS Office Location that accepts first time ID Card applications. The closest two locations are Government Center and Midtown Exchange.
- Fill out the application form at the center.
- Pay the required $19.25 fee by credit card (select locations), check or cash.
- Have your photo taken at the office.
- Your new state ID will be mailed to you in four to six weeks.
- Carry your current identification and the stamped yellow receipt you receive when you apply until it arrives.
For more information, please reference our handout.