You officially disclose that you have a disability through the Professor Notification email. This email confirms your connection with CLASS and indicates which accommodations you are eligible to receive for each specific course. When you connect with your Specialist, they will email notification letters to your professors for every course you plan to use accommodations in. You will also get a copy emailed to you.
Your need to connect with your Specialist before you can submit any exam requests.
scheduling a meeting
- To schedule a meeting, contact the Gage Center Information Desk at (612) 330-1053 or stop by the Gage Desk on the second floor of the Lindell Library.
- All students should check in with their Disability Specialist every term that they want to use academic accommodations. If you only use housing accommodations, you should check in at least once a year.
- First year and new transfer students are encouraged to have regular meetings throughout the semester.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment or will be late, please call the Gage Desk at (612) 330-1053 to reschedule. If you are late to an appointment, you may have to reschedule.
Your Specialist can help you with any of the following
- Checking-in on accommodations
- Time management
- Understanding strengths/weaknesses
- Transitioning to college
- Academic skills
- Course selection/advising
- How to talk to faculty