If your Professor Letter indicates that you are eligible for a notetaker for a class, mention this to your professors when you give them the letter to sign.
Getting a notetaker
You can ask the professor to announce (or send an email) to the class that “a notetaker has been requested for this class” and for interested students to stay after class to meet with them. You can also bring a sign-up sheet from the CLASS office and ask the professor to send it around.
You can approach a student in the class and ask them to be your notetaker.
- Notetakers should contact the Accommodations team in Lindell 216 for further instructions.
- Notes are scanned and emailed directly to email@example.com.
- Notetakers should scan their notes within 24 hours of the class.
- Let your Specialist know if a notetaker has not yet been identified for your class.
- It is your responsibility to check your email for your notes.
- You must be present, on time, and mentally alert (awake) in class in order to receive notes. See your Specialist if you miss class and still want to get your notes.
Contact your Specialist if:
- You are dissatisfied with the quality of your notes.
- Your notes are often not ready for you within 24 hours of the class.
- Your notetaker is frequently absent from class.
- You feel that you no longer need a notetaker for a class.
- You were absent from class and wish to receive the notes.