Following a competitive bid process, Augsburg is moving forward with a new dining services contract with Aladdin Campus Dining, the university’s current provider, effective July 1, 2023. The new contract will feature multiple enhancements that reflect student feedback about dining options on campus. These enhancements include:
- Additional offerings of food selections, including local restaurant features in the Dining Commons, local restaurant rotations in Nabo, and exploration of a dedicated halal station in the Dining Commons.
- Extended evening service in the Dining Commons to 8:00 p.m.
- Mobile ordering and pickup from Nabo and Einstein Bros. Bagels.
- Significant investment in remodeling the Dining Commons, beginning this summer.
- Addition of a 24/7 micro market on campus in 2024–25.
- Tracking and management of sustainability commitments around local purchasing and waste management.
Importantly, this new contract maintains the meal plan pricing approved by the Board of Regents last fall; all other bids would have resulted in a noticeable increase in cost to students for the coming year. In addition, Aladdin will continue to serve chef-crafted meals made from scratch in the Dining Commons, sponsorship of Late Night Breakfast in the fall and spring semesters, post-sunset evening meals and breakfast pickups for students during Ramadan, and financial support for food insecurity programs on campus.
The selection process was led by a task force made up of students and staff from across the university, with support from an external food services consultant. Over the course of this academic year, the task force met with and surveyed students and student organizations, engaged college and university dining services providers across the country, received bids, and interviewed finalists in order to secure the best possible contract for the campus community.